County Clerk Lori Bohannon
900 7th Street, Room 250
Wichita Falls, Texas 76301
Phone: (940)766-8195 Fax: (940)716-8554
Chief Deputy Clerk: Annette Stanley
Lori Bohannon was born in Graham, TX. She moved to Wichita Falls in 1981. She now lives in Iowa Park with her husband, Don, and their three sons, Curtis, Jacob, and Tanner. She has worked in the County Clerks office for 17 years and was elected County Clerk in 2004.
Duties of the County Clerk
Without county clerks, many of
government's underlying responsibilities
would go undone.
The main duties of the county clerk are:
- Administering all county and state elections, including early voting and primaries, unless the commissioners court has transferred the function to the tax assessor-collector or an office of county election administrator;
- Serving as clerk of the county court and the commissioners court and keep records of the proceedings;
- Acting as recorder of deeds and other instruments;
- Filing and recording birth and death certificates;
- Recording assumed names, wills and probate;
- Issuing marriage licenses; and
- Accounting for all funds paid to the office by way of fines and fees, and the amount owed to county court jurors for service.